Costumes/team uniforms welcome, creative team name required!
5:00pm Doors Open
- Food trucks will have dinner for sale! Please support these local businesses and do not bring in outside food.
- Be sure to bring photo ID. No one under 21 will be admitted.
- Beer, wine, seltzer, sodas and water available for sale beginning at 5pm.
- There will likely be chips and peanut M&Ms provided.
- Credit card may be used to purchase drink tickets.
- Cash is accepted at the bar.
- This is a fundraiser so "tip" well! All tips go to Friends of Calvert Library.
- All teams should be checked in and seated with their food
- Quizmaster Commissioner President Buddy Hance will go over the rules...the most important one is "The Quizmaster is always right!"
7:00pm Quiz Begins
- If you exit the room during the round, no readmittance until the round is over
- Servers will circulate if you'd like to order beverages during the quiz
- No drinks outside the building
- No smoking inside the building
- No cell/smartphone or other outside information source may be used.
- A Ziploc bag is provided for your cell phones during the rounds.
- You may not use your cell phone during a round until your team?s answers are turned in to "The Judges."
- Emergency calls must be taken outside the room and contestant will not be readmitted until the end of that round.
"The Judges" will be the final arbiters of correct answers and scoring. Any rule not listed here may be made up on the spot by "The Judges" and/or Quizmaster. No cancellation for teams once registered.
Spectators are allowed but must register as such and pay $10. Spectators may be picked up by a team with less than 6 members but come on, don't ask the Friends to reimburse you! If you aren't picked up by a team, please do not sit within hearing distance of any team and please do not yell out the answers!
Sponsorships are available for $300. Your name will be included in a slideshow at the event and you'll be recognized by the Quizmaster. Contact Pat Hofmann if interested.